Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Me!!

This is my first post! My most fabulous friend Rachel convinced me I would not be silly to start this...so here it goes! Today is my First Anniversary! A year ago today we got married at the Don Cesar in St. Pete Beach Florida! I have to admit it was the most beautiful wedding...hot...but beautiful. I am the genius that decided to get married in August in Florida! Yeah me! But now that a year has gone by I have a few tips on how to have a successful first year.

Here they go:
1. Don't expect perfection. I never realized how messy we were, how many clothes had to be washed, and how eating dinner at 10 o'clock sometimes just happens.
2. Just because you know you got married, other people tend to forget. Sometimes people stop by unannounced and ruin your perfect quiet evening. Enjoy it!! Someday people may stop coming by!
3. Fight fair! Never bring things up that happened 6 months ago...your husband does not remember.
4. If you want something...come out and ask...Jimmy taught me this one! I like to beat around the bush about things...then I end up disappointed...so now I just tell it like it is.
5. When someone asks what's wrong....never ever ever ever say nothing! It just makes it worse.
6. Don't let anyone tell you how it is suppose to be. They don't live your life and you don't live theirs.
7. Listen to each other.
8. Laugh a lot.
9. It's ok to go to bed mad...Just say I love you before you go to sleep...Sometimes you are not ready to duke it out...and most of the time you feel better about it the next day.
10. Enjoy every minute you get to spend with each other!!!

2 comments:

Rachel DeCarolis said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! What a great first post, and I think that is the best advice I have heard in a while!

Love you lots!!

Dianne Baer said...

Great advice--you sound like an old married lady! I'm delighted you have decided to do this. It really is a great way to keep up with what is going on in your life and to keep up with friends...like us! Love you sweetie!